17 April 2014

Liberate Your Art 2014 postcard swap blog hop


Way back in January I signed up Kat Sloma's postcard swap, thinking it was a wonderful idea, and I've thoroughly enjoyed postcard swaps before! However, when I actually read all the instructions, I realized I was a tad out of my depth - we were to produce professionally printed postcards - eek! I've never done anything like that before!

Well, thank goodness for moo.com, who not only produce business cards and letterheads, they also print postcards!!

So I created this - my first piece of digi-art...



... sent the design to moo (the website is terribly easy to use - even for a complete novice like me!) and lo and behold, a few days later 10 printed postcards arrived in the post :-)

I then sent 6 cards off to Kat in the US, with 6 return address labels, paid the international postage fees to Kat via Paypal, and waited...

Over a 6-week period in March- April, I duly received a card a week from...



Bottom left - Georgy's beautiful artwork on her desk
Bottom right - Tammy's amazing Ferris wheel
Middle left - a majestic eagle from Laura
Middle right - Michelle's inspiring message
Top left - Lisa's altered clipboard
Top right - Kat's gorgeous leaves

Kat, and her amazing team of buddies, pulled off a beautifully organized, efficient art swap. and I'm so glad I joined in! I produced something I've never done before, and for the first time in any swap I've been involved in, I received the full compliment of cards back!!

So thank you so much Kat, and I can't wait till next year's :-)

PS To any newcomers - can I point you to my Celebration Sundays:13 weeks of Giveaways button in the sidebar- we're on the LAST one :( Or you can visit here to leave a comment to enter to win all these goodies...





35 comments:

  1. Hard to believe you're a novice! Beautiful and inspiring!

    P.S. This is also my 50th year -- so far it's magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear, Natasha! I'm hoping my 50s are the best decade yet :)

      Delete
  2. You are a sweet, young thing at 50!
    Wasn't the swap fun? I'm already looking forward to next year! So many lovely cards and new friends, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another terrific swap! I am still sending out postcards. And I love your mantra! Totally speaks to my heart and soul! And you will be happy to know that your little "create every day book" I received from your birthday giveaway is a fabulous inspirational tool! Started it off by pressing a lovely purple orchid between the pages! Aloha and Mahalo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovey thing to do! I'm glad you are enjoying it :) x

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1:33 pm

    Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the swap as well, and glad you found my postcard inspiring! This was fun-- can't wait for next year's round of inspiring postcards. I love that you made one just for this, I might have to adopt that idea next time around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so out of my depth, but I'm glad I persevered :)

      Delete
  6. This was fun swapping and receiving. Congratulations on making your first digi-collage! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen your postcard on the FB feed and it is truly beautiful! Don't you just love Moo.com? It seems they can really produce a quality product. All of the postcards your received are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you signed up for the swap, your card turned out beautifully and you received some nice ones back... see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I'm glad that swap pushed you to try something new. You nailed it! I'm also glad you appreciated getting all of your cards. That's why I host the swap the way I do. More work for me, but more cards for you! Thank you for participating this year in the swap and the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice selection of postcards you got here Claire. Welcome to the swap - now you will be back every year I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my 3rd year - still loving the experience.
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful swap...your collection is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the collection of postcards that you received - they're all so pretty & colourful :-) And your postcard looks really cool. This was my first time using moo.com as well, and I'll definitely order postcards from them for the 2015 swap. Maybe we'll get cards from each other next year :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Claire--I got one of your postcards. It landed across the "pond" in the US. So much fun to see where the postcards come from and go to ... It's a global village!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful work, this sure has been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too am glad I joined the swap! So fun to find artwork in with the daily mail.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You received such beautiful cards! This has been such a good swap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous4:59 am

    Hi Claire! I got one of your Gorgeous cards! I love it so much, and was shocked that this was your first digital art. I used Moo this time, too, and am SO pleased with their quality. I love all the cards you got! And yours is great! So much fun - I've been in the swap for three years and will continue as long as the swap does!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous7:01 pm

    Great set of cards and yes it does change things to see your work in print!!!! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Claire, loved the Art Postcard Swap - and yours is beautiful, as is your collection from the other people, a lovely idea. Just catching up with reading emails etc as the weather has been lovely here for the last two days and I've enjoyed being away from the laptop for a while. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did an amazing job - I would have loved to receive one of your cards! You got a great selection too. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What lovely selection you received! I need to try Moo, your card looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Terrific collection, and I love your card as well! So eye-catching and it just makes you want to touch it. Thanks for making the swap a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay Cathy, glad my card found a great home! Your digital master piece is wonderful, want to learn...that is a must for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous7:17 pm

    Great cards received! I saw your card on two or three blogs and each time, I paused to study it. Excellent work on your part! Glad you joined this year and looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely collection of cards, and I just love the one you made yourself! Looking forward to seeing more of your work x

    ReplyDelete
  28. These cards are lovely! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it!
It's good to know I'm not alone :)