31 January 2014

Day 31...

... of January's Mindful Writing Challenge - I made it! 

I've written 27 small stones this month - including this one :-)




I used to walk this path -
ancient hazel and hawthorn, 
willow and sycamore.
Now, I retrace my steps
in rhythm and word.

Thank you to all those who have joined me on this journey, and left lovely, encouraging comments along the way... Companions make every journey more enjoyable, so thank you!

I have decided to keep writing these small stones (but not every day!), and I invite you to join in and share your small stones with me. Maybe we could create a small stone circle :-)
There's a button to grab in the right sidebar...


And, as it's the last day of the month, here's January's Taking Stock - thanks to Pip Lincolne for the idea!

Looking out of the window at yet another grey January day *sigh*

Playing with images in Picasa - slowly getting more adept

Wasting time playing with images in Picasa :-)

Sowing blogging ideas in my journal...

Wishing the sun would shine - even a smidgeon...

Enjoying immensely The Celtic Chakras by Elen Sentier - she's a wise woman!

Waiting for the kids to start their school-day routine

Liking the thought of several hours solitude

Wondering what The Year of the Horse will hold...

Loving Billy Collins' poetry

Hoping the gas fire will light - it's very temperamental!

Marvelling at all the lovely blogs I recently discovered at the Grow Your Blog party

Needing the fire to light....

Smelling like I need a shower :-/

Wearing pj's and dressing-gown

Following lot of new blogs!

Noticing how chilly it's getting...

Knowing I have a lot to learn about British shamanism

Thinking I want to learn more about Elen of the Ways...

Bookmarking Elen's blog

Opening yet another box of tissues ('tis the season!)

Giggling/Smiling at my daughter as she listens at Radio 1, while eating her breakfast

Feeling more awake than an hour ago!


4 comments:

  1. It has been lovely and I do love your 'stone circle' idea - also the, taking stock. I do that mentally but will do it mindfully now! Hope it's ok if I pinch the idea too.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great 31 life thoughts! January is my birthday month, but I think I've been a complaining more this month than I ever did! Well, your post has let me think and pause that enjoy life's happy moments…they are more precious than cribbing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, when it not destroyed your concept of blogging -
    Details can be found here:
    http://maschas-buch.blogspot.de/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an enjoyable blog you have. It took me awhile to figure out what the small stones were but I like your thoughts. I found your blog while reading through the Grow Your Blog lists.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it!
It's good to know I'm not alone :)