8 March 2014

Saturday after Ash Wednesday

Many see Lent as the season of denial, of fasting... 

I prefer to see it not as a time to give up things, but as a time to add - making more time for prayer, reflection, reading and giving to others...


(Image from Google - don't know original source)

This is what Isaiah considered true fasting to be and

You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.
Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.
Isaiah 58:11b-12

I would love to be like a well-watered garden and be called a Repairer of Broken Walls :-)

5 comments:

  1. I have always loved that section of Isaiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well-watered garden ~ yes. To grow in grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to create some space for reflection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and inspiring post. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there are some wonderful images of Christ in Isaiah; this being one of them. I think we are never asked to be perfect, just to improve and try to be more like Christ as we learn not only from the Word but also from our life experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it!
It's good to know I'm not alone :)