4 April 2014

Fourth Friday of Lent

Ferdinand Hodler, Disappointed Soul, 1889

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in creation, 
will be able to separate us from the love of God.
Romans 8.38-39


What I'm enjoying most from this Lenten journey through the book God for Us, is seeing works from artists unknown to me, while being reminded of Bible stories and verses I've known since childhood. 

These words by Paul are my definition of Faith - I believe in the Christian God, but I think these words apply to any faith in anything or anyone. It's the belief/trust/hope that whatever happens in this world (and we all know plenty of dark things do!), light and love will prevail... 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! Everything about it. I will be reading more of your journal And following it. I received one of your postcards in the postcard swap and I'm so glad that I did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it!
It's good to know I'm not alone :)