31 October 2014

Paint Party Friday - Beginning the journey...

... of A Year and a Day... A wonderful course created by Angel Sullivan.

We began last Thursday (23 Oct), on the New Moon, but I've been dithering and battling with my inner critic all week - not daring to start my journal, in case I ruin it!!



I bought two of these beautiful books, handmade in Italy, to take me through the next 366 days. I decided to start in the brown-coloured one as it seems to represent Autumn/Winter, and the green one I'll start next year in Spring/Summer.



I have dedicated the journal to my mother's mother, whom I never knew. She died aged 32 from breast cancer when my mother was 10 years old. Her name was Florence Esther, which I didn't know until recently yet we called our own daughter Esther Florence(!)



There are 14 of us in the group, and I have written My Sisters' names so I can remember them each day as I journal...
Sharing here although I realize there's no painting - yet :-)

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful covers and love your idea. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely journals-like you I'm always a little afraid to make the first Mark on such a lovely surface. That's an amazing coincidence that you have your daughter the same names as your grandmother without knowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books are beautiful. It's funny how many of us are scared to start a new journal in case we spoil it. I held on to one my daughter bought me for years before I bit the bullet and used it for the blog challenge 29 Faces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful journals and what an amazing coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and a wonderful spiritual story about the name!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely start to your journals...and what a neat story about your daughter's name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Journal looks lovely and will be a fab keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet journal pages. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous!!!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful! This will certainly be a treasure in years to come! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blank journals can be intimidating. I say just start! And if you need to work on separate pages you can glue into the journal ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it!
It's good to know I'm not alone :)