9 September 2014

Word for the Week

The Full Moon Dreamboard took precedence yesterday, so here's this week's Word pulled from the bag of Rediscovery Cards this morning...


This is one of my favourite Words - and definitely a very important value. I think all mamas hope to instil this in their kids - to encourage them to always be kind, or even

I have a necklace a dear friend gave me last Christmas which rather says it all regards my attitude to Kindness...

photos by Amanda Davie

I think it's a Word that doesn't get the recognition it deserves - Can you imagine how the world would change if we truly lived by J.M  Barrie and the Dalai Lama's words??

I know it's a cliche, but it's no less true - we need to 'be the change we wish to see in the world'. We need to practise kindness every day, and whenever we are unkind - which we will be sometimes (we are human, after all) - we must apologize and ask for forgiveness.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that the background is the same colour as Honesty and Clarity - two things which can help us be kinder...

I'd love to know what you think when you see this Word






3 comments:

  1. I took part in 40 Acts during Lent - the focus being on generosity, which I think is the sister of Kindness. It was a fascinating experience and made me think harder about how generous (or not) I am - especially to strangers. Although it's finished you can find out more on the site which is still live (http://www.40acts.org.uk/) I am looking forward to getting stuck in again next year, but in the meantime, I hope I have become a little kinder towards folk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the link! I remember hearing/seeing about this, but didn't really know what it involved...
      I just found this quote on FB - Scatter kindness like confetti - isn't that a wonderful image???
      xx

      Delete
  2. Yes! Honesty, Clarity and Kindness… Would you agree that these three combine into Compassion?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it!
It's good to know I'm not alone :)