22 September 2014

Word for the Week

Don't know why I couldn't get a good photo of today's card pulled from my Rediscovery Pack - poor lighting I guess, but it's none the less powerful for being a tad fuzzy...


I live my life in perpetual gratitude. Most days it's very easy to write at least 5 things I'm grateful for each day...


... and doing an exercise for this course the other day, making a quick list of a 100 blessings was very easy, I confess.

But, it isn't always easy to be brimful of gratitude, I know...

when you are in pain - physical or emotional
when you're tired, tense, wrought
when you feel overwhelmed, unloved, unappreciated

On these days, even writing two things I'm grateful for is a struggle! But write them I do

Today I am grateful for...

the fact I can write
the fact I can hold a pen
each and every breath

For this is a spiritual practice, a discipline, something I do at the end of each day, so I fall into bed in a state of Gratitude - still tired, still in pain, but now grateful...

I would love to know what you think/feel when you see this Word



3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for the gift of each new day I am blessed with. A new day is a clean slate. The gift is from God and He is my strength when I am weak.

    Even on down days, just writing one or two things will make us feel better. Gratitude is good for our souls.

    Have a good week Claire ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy hewgill4:01 pm

    I like to start the day by thinking of 5 things I'm grateful for, I try and think of these even before I get up. I like the idea of writing them down, I don't always get to do this, so I'm going to make an effort. One thing I did think about the other day, is how grateful I am for being able to read. Such a simple thing, sometimes we take for granted, but I can read books and learn new things, read love letters, read all sorts of interesting stuff. And of course blogs like yours, Claire, being able to share stories and suchlike. Lovely word Gratitude, thank you for sharing your blog with us. x :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, this is something I do on a somewhat irregular basis. I have a friend who posts hers once a month and Facebook and challenges her friends to do the same. I usually respond and am surprised to rediscover the things in the month I feek grateful for.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it!
It's good to know I'm not alone :)