31 March 2014

Fourth Monday of Lent and Word for the Week

Oh my, it's been a tough few weeks but I've pretty much recovered, finally...
It was a nasty cold/flu virus, and given my other health issues, it really knocked me down.

I have been reading my Lent book every day, and thinking of things to share, but I just didn't have the physical or mental energy to actually do anything about it :-{

But I so appreciated all your thoughts and comments, and the fact I wasn't forgotten, so thank you :-)

And, it's now a new day, a new week, and I do feel so much better!

Today's painting in God for Us is this...


Jacob Lawrence, Men Exist for the Sake of One Another, Teach Them Then or Bear with Them, 1958

... with the meditation focus on Jesus feeding the 5000 - another favourite Bible story! I always loved the fact that not only do 5 loaves and 2 fishes feed all those people, but that Jesus tells the disciples to 'Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost', and they filled 12 baskets...

... a little fragment of goodness, kindness, thoughtfulness goes a long way, methinks!!

Which takes me nicely to this week's Word for the Week, drawn from Mary Lunnen's Rediscovery Cards...



What a perfect word for this time of year, as the days lengthen (in the Northern Hemisphere, at least!) And the fact that a little light goes a long way to dispel the darkness all over the globe...


Photo from Google, copyright J.M. Wigmore

And it so happens that the background colour of the card is very like the frosting on my free Mother's Day cupcake from the restaurant where we enjoyed Sunday lunch yesterday... Needless to say, I didn't eat the sweets and the icing (I am diabetic), but the kids enjoyed it, and I enjoyed some of the cake :-)


And before I sign off for today, I've finally drawn the winner of the Giveaway and posted this week's giftie... so pop over here to leave a comment or click on the Celebration Sundays button...

It's so good to be back - and the feel the light :-)


PS This just arrived in my email box... too perfect!!



2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it!
It's good to know I'm not alone :)