8 March 2014

Focus on Life Week 10: The big picture

This week's prompt was to take a wide angle shot...

As the only place I've ventured this week has been the hospital - Monday for botox shots in my paralyzed arm, Wednesday for hydrotherapy - and the weather has been blah - grey, wet and cold! - there have been few opportunities to take photos :(

But I did snap this at first light yesterday...



Now, this is the view I choose to focus on whenever I look out the back of the house. I imagine we live in a forest surrounded by tall trees...

But this is the reality - this is the big picture *sigh*




Almost forgot to show this week's Giveaway - a handmade sketchbook


More photos and info here where you can leave a comment if you want to enter the draw to win tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Imagination is powerful, but the trees are real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't venture off the deck this week... and your view does include green grass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least the trees are beautiful! We take what we can get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difference there is in the world we see.....it all a matter of how you choose to look at things. You focus on the trees and dream of a forest and I would image there are some that see the fence and cozy yard and dream of a home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you focus on the parts you like, and disregard the rest! Your "real" view could be a lot worse. Hope the arm has responded well to treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had a tough week!!! I like your trees too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stark, yet so comforting at the same time - the first one. Then, to see the 'big picture' - wow. It is quite the transformation. I like that you look at it the way you told us. Things (life, etc.) are what we make them and I love your attitude about your 'forest'. Hope you're responding well to your treatments and feeling better this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your forest and the reality! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauty is where you find it and if that is above the houses then, so be it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When we stayed in a rented house in Scotland on holiday one year I was thrilled to see it backed onto a wonderful forest of trees. You could enjoy an early morning shower with the feeling of being in amongst the trees.
    Your imagination can carry you anywhere you want to go Claire.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your backyard makes me so homesick, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least there is no snow! :) Isn't it true that what we focus on makes us happy?! You found the perfect way to imagine your green backwoods, they are right there, in the big picture :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it!
It's good to know I'm not alone :)