7 February 2014

Focus on Life Week 6: Quiet calm...

Now this is my kind of prompt - thanks Sally!
For this week's photo assignment we will focus on the quiet calm of the world 
as it re-energizes around us.


(Photo edited using Picasa's Lomo-ish tool.)

There's something about the village church, grazing horses and the subtle, muted palette of early Spring that instantly calms me... 

You wouldn't know looking at this image that so many parts of the UK are being battered by 100 mph winds and terrible floods... Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected...

A small stone...
The horses know they are on holy ground,
Bowing their heads, giving thanks,
For green shoots, and dry fields.

PS I forgot to add - there's still time to enter this weeks Giveaway here. I'm gifting this book, and a happy to post anywhere worldwide :-)




18 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by Pret-A-Vivre.com Claire, I enjoyed your random 5 and sends my prayers for the victims of the flood's ravages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy winter. I will keep those affected in my thoughts and prayers. Lovely pastural scene you have captures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful sight Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a peaceful scene. Makes me wish I was there. There is such devastating weather everywhere these days. I'm praying for everyone who has had to deal with the craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am loving your peaceful view and wishing I could share it. The wind and rain is crashing down again in Wales and although it's almost the middle of the day, it's just gone incredibly dark again :( I do hope this weather passes over us all soon - I'm sure pretty much all of the UK has had enough now! More calm pictures please - to remind is there is life beyond storms! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very calm and lovely. Some years it's starting to show signs of Spring in February here too. This year....a blanket of white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful picture ... beautiful post. Loved your "small stone" too ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous photo. It does feel very tranquil. I have been reading about the UK being hit with such bad flooding and winds. I hope it all calms very soon. Blessings, Bird

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a peaceful looking photo, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful shot Claire! I love old churches too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, peaceful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful photo, and a lovely reminder that Spring really is just round the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:57 pm

    Love this scene. How majestic yet peaceful and calm. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this - reminds me of our village church when we lived in Germany :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully, calming photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photo of the church! Calming indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that makes me very homesick indeed! I so miss England and the wonderful old churches. Beautiful piccie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome shot! Gorgeous church, too. Great photo for quiet calm this week indeed!! :-)
    Good luck w/your give-a-way this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it!
It's good to know I'm not alone :)